Saturday, June 5, 2010

Some New Links

I wanted to take a quick minute and point out the new links I've added because they should stand out.

Free Rice is a quiz-type site where for every correct answer you give the site donates 10 grains of rice to the United Nations World Food Programme. The topics vary from English vocabulary, Geography, Foreign Language, Math, and so forth. They start easy and build up with your success level. It's a fun way to make a difference, and you are likely to learn something.


In a different "save the world" type of site, Local Harvest is a site that connects you with local farmers and loads of info I haven't taken the time to explore. They can help you find farmer's markets or CSA subscriptions. Totally cool. I am hoping to get involved with one of these one day...it's on my list of things to do.


Another site I haven't had a chance to check out much but would like to share is Eating Well. They have a Menu Planner that looks fantastic. It requires a free subscription to start up, I haven't registered yet (busy) but one day I hope to do that too....It supposedly will help you keep track of the meals you plan, what you need at the store, how many calories involved, and so on.


I'm off to bed early now, I have a lot of studying I *should* do tomorrow. A clearer head will hopefully bring me more insight and a better mood than I woke up in this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment