Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Crayola Tadoodles and then some

We have a new outlet store around the corner from our house. I was excited about this, because I've been to one of their stores in Pennsylvania and I loved it. This one isn't quite as big, and I've only been once so far when it was too crowded because of the hype.


At Ollie's I found some much needed new sunglasses for $4 instead of their ticket price of $20. Along with this, we picked up some "Tadoodles" I've been thinking of getting Aidan some of these types but didn't want to spend $6 on them yet since he's a little young. But for $3, how could I say no?

They're paints that you don't have to do anything except "dab" them to get the ink flowing. They are still messy, but not nearly as messy as traditional paint.

Oh yeah, and they're cute. Aidan ate them, naturally, instead of painting. The lines were from the adults trying to inspire him.


He did give them a try, but he used the wrong end. They do say 18+ months...he's only 12.

We had fun exploring though...and that's what matters.

Now back to that 6 month goal I have *completed*!! I cooked the last "new recipe of the week" last night. On our week camping I made that zucchini which was a first for me. This week, I made Aidan's aunt's chicken soup...or at least my rendition of it. I will share the details the next time I make it; though it will be a while based on the quantity we had from last night. Here the chicken is boiling and I'm waiting to "take the stuff out until the water is clearer and it stops coming out". I had very interesting instructions...not quite a recipe.

How about some fresh cilantro, grown by me, from seed? Pretty sweet if you ask me. I'm proud. I don't know anything about proper harvesting procedures though. The seed package said something about harvesting every two weeks to keep your crop going...I don't see new "seeds" coming from these, but I haven't investigated much. Anyway...

Now, this might not look too appetizing, I'll admit, my photo isn't that great. I had already eaten half of the bowl by the time I took the picture. It tastes better than it looks here, believe me!!

I'm not sure what our holiday plans are yet, but I will probably be sharing. We don't have much in mind, as I said, so it might just be a picture of Aidan in his best patriotic garb. I tried to share last year but for some reason it doesn't like uploading from that folder today...perhaps next time.

A new addition to our collection, Here Comes Science by They Might Be Giants. I have a strange taste in music, but I listened to some of these songs as a kid and now they've got MORE to educate happy young minds. I think any time you can get a kid to learn without them knowing that's what they're doing, you're golden. That's the trick with a lot of them--if it doesn't feel like "school" then they won't resist as much and they might actually remember some of the fun.


I haven't listened to the whole album yet, but my old time favorite is "Why Does the Sun Shine?" though this CD has a newer edition of it. You can preview the tracks on that link to Amazon above.

In the mean time, happy summer, and Happy Forth of July if I don't see you before then!

No comments:

Post a Comment