Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Aidan's First Birthday Party

Aidan had a great First Birthday Party!! I thought I'd share some photos.

Aidan's Aunt Gina came to help mommy set up, and before the chaos he tried unwrapping his first present. He didn't do so well with it, we saved it for later.

Even the littlest ones could have fun with the pull-string pinata!

Yummy Ice Cream Cake! I wanted to do Tres Leches but the baker at the Mexican store "went on vacation and never came back" and I decided I had enough to do getting ready, Ice Cream cake would have to do. This experience has taught me a lot about accepting details that change, ignoring some things that aren't so important, and delegating tasks to others to get things done and feel good at the end of the day.

Not so easy to cut though...



I just love this picture.

He got very messy.




We have about 20 minutes of video of him destroying this piece of cake. I hope to get a YouTube account up and running one of these days to share my videos with everyone, one of these days maybe I'll get around to it...I won't bore you with that whole 20 minutes though.

The next day he got to use crayons for the first time. Yes, there is a piece of paper taped to that tray, I'm going to do my best to keep him from coloring on the furniture as long as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment