Monday, November 8, 2010

Fall Fun

Well, dear readers (if I have any left), I have neglected you, once again. (Could I use more commas in a sentence?)

I apologize as usual. Life has been especially busy and I foresee Christmas making it go even faster coming up but I will TRY TRY TRY to keep this blog alive.

I hope everyone had a great, safe Halloween. We had lots of fun here, picking pumpkins, making pumpkin pie, eating roasted pumpkin seeds--and that's just the pumpkin activities. Not to mention Trick-or-Treat with my little dragon.


The Pioneer Woman has saved my life, time wise. I absolutely LOVE this Perfect Pie Crust recipe found in her cookbook. I took a day and made a few batches of both pie crust and sugar cookie dough to throw in the freezer and allow myself some home-made goodies on busier days.

That crust combined with "Mrs. Sigg's Fresh Pumpkin Pie Recipe" (at least I think that's the one I used, I forgot to take note and now I'm not sure anymore!) makes for one (or two if you fill the crusts shallowly) delicious pumpkin pie. Yum. :)


So, back to that pumpkin picking thought...

Aidan found a suitable one...


...and we cut up the rest chosen.



A few Halloween cards were made. These can be done by anyone. I didn't use the Cricut machine at all, just some handy pup-out sticker packages from the scrapbooking companies. Easy, cute, and done.


Visiting a coloring table of the library, the kids colored Halloween themed pages that came from www.printactivities.com this site has all kinds of things to print for kids, with all different themes and skill levels. Very cool.

In searching for my links to make this post, I found a recipe I bookmarked a while back to "try later" as the season got closer. Just in case I forget about it again, I'll share it with you now. Pumpkin Pie Bites, by bakerella.com, which looks to be an awesome blog as well. I've still got some pumpkin puree made from scratch in the 'fridge to use up, and now that I have *new* Halloween cookie cutters, I think this recipe is calling for me, the next time I have an hour free.

As always, thanks for reading. I'm not making any promises about the next posting drought, but I haven't forgotten to SHARE the fun, busy life I'm leading these days. I just get too busy to manage to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment