Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Discount Shopping

While waiting at the Dr's office for several routine appointments in the last month, I stumbled upon a few articles with recommended sites for shopping discounts. Naturally, I didn't want to pass up this chance to save some money, so I clicked them into my phone's notebook application and saved them for a later date--it's just taken me a while to get on here to report them.

Most of these are online discounts, but I believe some you can print and use them in-store.

Promotional Codes is a site with infinite ways to search their collection of discounts. They also have links to other savings, at more industry-specific sites, like Chegg, a text-book renter. I have more of these to share later.

Done a little bit differently, RetailMeNot, provides coupons in which you find the one you're interested in on their site and follow the link to your choice of retailer's site and shop from there. I guess it's like magic, I haven't actually tried it out yet. Worth looking into, though!

Next, I found a site for free shipping at all kinds of online retailers. FreeShipping.org
 

You may have already heard of this one. I had, but I hadn't looked it up yet. Looks pretty cool. RedPlum.

I'm not sure exactly how ebates works, but you create a membership and they give you 2% back on all purchases. Or something like that. Check it out if you're interested in it.

Another find for those of us who weren't given great eye sight is Zenni Optical. Glasses start at like $7/pair plus $5 shipping. Particularly for those like me who wear contacts most of the time, this is a big money saver. My last pair were broken by the little guy so I'm looking forward to my order I (finally) placed with them. I've gone months with my glasses held together by electrical tape and a wire tie.

If you do use Zenni Optical, you'll need to know your glasses prescription and the distance between your pupils. That's something your eye doc should have on file for you though.


Let's see...I started this post in August and have found a few more since then.

I haven't used this site yet, so I'm still not 100% about it, but I found it on Google and they have Cricut cartridges (and other craft supplies) pretty darn cheap at Oh My Crafts.

Oh, yeah, don't forget about Scholastic warehouse sales!! I really want to go to another one, but I don't know if I'd survive another 8 hours of straightening books again. 

I'll keep looking and sharing what I find!

1 comment: