Tuesday, July 13, 2010

New Crochet Blanket

Well, remember that dishcloth I started? I finished it. But...I was searching for a new edge pattern and found a great blanket pattern in the process. After I finished the dishcloth, I switched gears and started making a baby blanket. I might make a set out of the dishcloths, but I don't know if or when that will happen.

This blanket is made using the V-stitch and it works up SO quickly. I started it on Sunday, and I haven't spent too much time on it. I found the pattern here.

I never would have known this until having a baby myself, but crochet blankets have special powers for babies and new mommies. The holes help calm the mother's fears of suffocation, and babies love them. Aidan loves to chew on his. I'm afraid he's going to break it because he takes a string behind his teeth and pulls.

My problem now is I started this with some yarn I had left over, and now I went to buy more and it's just been clearanced out. I have to either use the dark blue sparingly or find a close match.

I really want to start making whole blankets, but I've never finished a large one myself. Aidan has the biggest one I've made, and it's baby size. I wish I knew the pattern that my great grandmother once taught me. I can try to study her work in the afghan she made for me, but I don't know how well that will go. For now, I'll stick to this V-stitch and finishing this blanket I've started.

No comments:

Post a Comment