Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Creative Organization

Throughout my schooling career, I've gone from one extreme (keeping every paper ever written on) to the other (throwing it all away on the last day of classes) and I've found that keeping them is a better idea.

Such a better idea in fact that if I had kept papers from a particular class I would have a degree requirement met that I now have to take another course to meet, since I'm a transfer student. I don't have the documentation to prove that class meets the requirement anymore, or proof of my work. Great.

So, what to do with all those papers?
For the first three weeks of my winter break they were dumped out of the dividers in my backpack onto my desk and the floor, making it impossible to use my computer or printer without first shifting the piles. Not a good system.

Never fear though, I knew I'd come up with something.

In light of my money saving kick and looking to the question "Is there anything I already have that can do the job of something I'd go buy?" I came up with this:
Cereal boxes.

The "Family Size" boxes are wide enough to fit letter size paper, and I also slid in my spiral notebooks and flash cards for each class. By the way, check out all those flash cards! Pshew!

I could have gotten more creative with re-labeling the boxes, but for now this will do.

I've gotta get to eatin' for a box for this class...

And the class I'm going to "try again". I really need to keep those papers.

I think I'm going to end up with a lot of cereal boxes full of paper...but I only have 3 semesters left to go (hopefully)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment