Monday, August 30, 2010

A "Weak" Without Spending

I give this post such a title because it is true, I am weak when it comes to spending money. I love it. I can't help it. I will probably give this goal another try one of these days (weeks hopefully) but for now, it's not meant to be.

I made it into the second day and realized I needed gas to get to school. Now, this could technically be considered a school expense...but I then bought yarn later that day and blew my non-spending diet off the scene.

Since, I haven't bought much, but I did suggest we go out to eat and go to the zoo...that cost a bit of money, not much since we're zoo members, but still, it wasn't on my plan to not spend money.

The bottom line with this is, money makes things more convenient. I can go buy lunch today and it will take me a fraction of the time that it would have if I went to the store previously and bought ingredients to pack a lunch. I realized the thought last night at about 11pm, past my bedtime, as I was packing up for today--I hadn't planned/packed a lunch. I decided it would be easiest to just buy something on the run today. Mondays will probably have this pattern, until I get into a routine and plan these things better.

Again, hopefully I'll try this another time, I know I can do it! I read an article about a whole family that did this for a year!! If they can do it, I can.

P.S. I bought that yarn because I'm making a new blanket. The last one was so pretty I couldn't help myself. Plus, the yarn was on sale!!

No comments:

Post a Comment