Friday, February 26, 2010

Banana Bread

Let me start with a big SORRY for the delay.
It's been a bit of a stressful week.

This banana bread smelled so delicious baking that I decided to make another for myself.
The recipe comes from The Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book on page 119.
So I washed and greased my pan:
 Then I combined the dry ingredients; 2 C. Flour, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/8 tsp nutmeg and 1/4 tsp salt.
 
  
Next, I made a well in the center for when I add the wet ingredients:



Now for the wet ingredients; 2 eggs, 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas, 1 C sugar, and 1/2 C oil. 
 
  
I only needed about 2.5, or 3 bananas to get 1 1/2 cups but the recipe calls for 5 medium. 


 Then the sugar:


Oil:


 Stir the wet ingredients together.


Next, I added the wet to the dry. It overfilled the well.


  
Try not to over stir it, just mix until it's well blended.


Dropped into the pan:


And baked at 350 for 55-60 minutes, but mine had about 10 minutes more than that, give it the "toothpick test" and keep trying. 


Time to wrap it up and make it presentable...


  
Then I added the ribbon to it and tied the bow behind the tag and cut the extra length off.


Hope you enjoyed it! 
Now to decide what to make next...

No comments:

Post a Comment