Sunday, April 24, 2011

Baby Cards

 I only had the photos saved here and planned on giving lengthy descriptions later, but I'm really here for another purpose tonight, so I'll add details when wanted and leave the rest to the photographs.

These two smaller cards were actually made from left over material from the larger card below. I challenged myself to use the extra materials to make more cards. I'm very glad I did. Not only do I have less left behind but I also have two more cards for future uses.

The one above was very basic, but I just wanted something quick. I could have done more with it, with more time and thought.

The main card is below: I forget how I cut out the rounded edge, but I know it involved free-handing it with a tool/scissors.
All shapes are from the Stretch your Imagination cartridge on the Cricut.





I made this textured paper with the Martha Stewart scoring tool. I simply laid the paper on the scorer and scored every 1/4 inch. Easy way to brighten up the paper.
Then I folded it over to see how it would look cropped...
Trimmed it....
And used 3D stickers to raise it above the background. Done.
Hoping to get back to posting soon! I've been busy with school lately and by the time I get to baking/crafting/etc I don't think to get the camera and go through this blogging process.

No comments:

Post a Comment